Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Joshua Tree & Halloween

It feels so great to be back in Joshua Tree! The warmth of the desert, old friends, crazy rock formations and unique Joshua Trees made us feel welcome right away.
Align CenterIt was great to get back on lead in JTree... the routes always challenge me mentally and physically. This is me leading Pope's Crack, 5.9
Jess and Gretchen dance with Ed (the van) to "glamourous"... had to be there, I guess!
Here's me with my cousin (Ryan)'s new dog Cali. I decided to make my old hat into a visor, so here we are sharing what's left. Cali liked the remaining beanie : )
Here's Gretchen's first REAL crack in JTree, Double Cross, 5.7 We figured her winged halloween costume would help her up the climb!
Gretchen and I sandwich our friend Dora. She and her partner Andrew have been some of our favorite people on the road. We met in Red Rocks, and got to hang out again (on Halloween) in JTree.
Here's the shadow of my halloween costume in the morning light at our campsite.
Geronimo (5.7) is a crazy roof crack we climbed one day- such fun!
Campfires always draw a crowd, and provide opportunities for chats about climbing, life, and lots of good musical jam sessions.
The musical jam sessions draw in the good drummers... who draw in the fire spinners... Joshua Tree is always full of fun and excitement!