Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Climbing in Mexico

I had the privilege of spending two weeks in El Potrero Chico, Mexico. The weather was phenomenal, the people were amazing, and God worked in beautiful ways. I enjoyed lots of great climbing, a slower pace of life, ministry opportunities with Solid Rock Climbers for Christ, and a renewed sense of vision and passion for the coming season on the road.

My new friend Hannah North, on a 7-pitch route called Satori.Dottie, myself, Abel & Roger at the entrance to the Potrero, attempting to hand out water, juice and cookies to climbers before the dogs (Floppy, Biscuit, Sparky & Genevieve) ate the cookies!

Solid Rock member Roger Kubly shared the good news of Christ with Abel from Hidalgo, Mexico.
Abel was excited to hear and accept it!

Leading my hardest on-sight yet: Fat Boy Slim (5.11b, sport) - Yeehaw!

My host and friend, Dottie Cross with part of our favorite Mexican family- Esau & Deveny.

Climbing friends from Idaho, Minnesota, Nevada, and Ontario : )